Year 3 News
In Year 3 we focus on developing independence and responsibility as we transition from an early childhood environment to a middle childhood environment. Students are given opportunities to work independently as well as collaboratively to develop their social skills through activities that require interaction and cooperation with others. Empathy and respect are fostered so children can develop positive relationships and learn to manage challenging situations. We aim to create a welcoming and positive learning environment that is respectful and inclusive of all children, so that each of them can strive to achieve their potential in all aspects of their development.
During Term 1 in Year 3 some of the learning intentions and activities have been to:
- Create a tower or a bridge with matchsticks and marshmallows that will hold a small weight.
- Carry out a ‘Words are like toothpaste’ experiment to demonstrate we should always use kind words.
- Reading, writing and ordering four-digit numbers.
- Write a warning tale based on a familiar fairy tale.
- Recognise how people participate in the Church community.