We have had a busy but fantastic start to the year in Year One! Students participated in swimming lessons, used the Investigation Hub for the first time, and enjoyed whole school events such as Multicultural Day and Ride to School Day.
In the classroom, we:
- Used the Magic Porridge Pot as our model text and learned how to write narratives focusing on the setting. Students also made their own magic pots.
- Focused on place value, duration and time in Maths.
- Recognised our own and each other’s strengths in Health and shared these for Year 1 news at the assembly.
- Explored digital technologies and the difference between hardware and software, and
- Learned about the Bible and Lent in Religion.