Parents & Friends (P&F)
The P&F is an integral part of the Catholic School structure and is a valuable instrument in the important Church work of education. The P&F fosters community interest in education and promote closer liaison between school and community. Meetings are advertised in the school newsletter. New arrivals are always welcome both to form friendships and share the work load. We depend on the support of parents through this Association to create a caring community and to provide additional amenities for the children.
The P&F’s aims are:
- To strive to develop at the school a real community of parents, teachers and students that reflects a truly Christian ethos
- To work closely with the school principal who is the leader of the school community to achieve common goals
- To ensure that a high level of social and educational interaction exists between home and school, parents and teachers
- To endeavour to have all parents enjoy the exciting experiences of their children’s formal school years by active participation and personal involvement in the school programme
- To provide a healthy forum for ideas and discussion on any relevant issue that will benefit the education of children
- To assist in planning and organising functions associated with the social, sporting, cultural and educational life of the school community
- In particular, it should concern itself with further education for the parents of the school in their faith development and ensure that a clear understanding of the School’s religious education programme exists
- To work to provide additional resources which are considered necessary for the children or to assist the teachers in their professional work. Whilst this role has been and will continue to be very important in Catholic Schools, it should not be the only function of the P&F, which should ensure that its activities extend into the above areas as well.
Should you wish to be a member of the P&F, Parents can nominate themselves for membership by November of the current year, for involvement in the following year if elected.