Welcome to Year 2
In Year 2, our focus is to assist your child to continue to develop a love of learning and equipping them with the skills to become self-motivated, engaged learners who take ownership for their own learning. We do this by providing a curriculum that is tailored to the children’s diverse educational needs and interests, and by providing a safe, supportive, and positive environment in which to grow and learn. The children are given opportunities to work independently as well as collaboratively to develop and practise their social skills.
Year 2 Website Term 1 2023
What a busy Term 1 in Year 2! Here are some of the learning experiences from this term:
• Creating, exploring, and playing in the Investigation Hub.
• Using our senses to recreate Shel Silverstein’s ‘Spaghetti’ poem.
• Writing procedures.
• Reflecting on the season of Lent, including making pancakes for Shrove
• Creating a promotional poster/advertisement on sun safety.
• Designing and making a Sun Smart hat.
• Learning the importance of pool safety and participating in swimming
• Celebrating Harmony Week, including wearing traditional clothing for
Please follow the below link to fill in the enrolment enquiry so that we can send you the St Anne's Catholic Primary School enrolment pack to be completed and sent back to us.