Welcome to Year 1
In Year 1, students have transitioned to lower primary where they develop their emerging autonomy, interdependence, resilience and social skills such as communication, problem-solving and teamwork. Students participate in specialist subjects including Physical Education, Art, Music, Oral Language and Science. We focus on providing creative and innovative experiences in a supportive and inclusive environment.
We have had a busy but fantastic start to the year in Year One! Students participated in swimming lessons, used the Investigation Hub for the first time, and enjoyed whole school events such as Multicultural Day and Ride to School Day.
In the classroom, we:
- Used the Magic Porridge Pot as our model text and learned how to write narratives focusing on the setting. Students also made their own magic pots.
- Focused on place value, duration and time in Maths.
- Recognised our own and each other’s strengths in Health and shared these for Year 1 news at the assembly.
- Explored digital technologies and the difference between hardware and software, and
- Learned about the bible and Lent in Religion.
Please follow the below link to fill in the enrolment enquiry so that we can send you the St Anne's Catholic Primary School enrolment pack to be completed and sent back to us.